BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
To be or not to be a leader- that is the question
Are you intending to step up to Leadership?
The eternal question: Are leaders born or made?
Are you being recognised or would like to be recognised as a high potential or
emerging leader and not unsure how to build your brand?
The BSB40520 – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is a qualification which can ensure you can confidently ‘step- up’ to leadership in your organisation. Our multiple award winning model with contextualised assessment and industry focused learning materials ensures you develop your knowledge and skills to be ‘leadership ready’.
Our team of expert facilitators, trainers, and coaches ensure you receive the learning support you need to successfully complete your qualification. Being a leader means having the confidence to inspire, influence, and involve your team to join you to create your vision.
Please note BSB42015 – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management has been superseded by BSB40520 – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Total number of units = 12
5 core units plus
7 elective units, of which:
• 4 elective units must be selected from Group A
• for the remaining 3 elective units:
– up to 3 units may be selected from Groups A and B
– if not listed, up to 2 units may be selected from a Certificate IV or above, from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
• BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
• BBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
• BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
• BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
• BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
Group A (Select a minimum of 4 units from this group)
• BSBCMM412 Lead difficult conversations
• BSBCRT411 Apply critical thinking to work practices
• BSBCRT413 Collaborate in creative processes
• BSBFIN401 Report on financial activity
• BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
• BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
• BSBLDR521 Lead the development of diverse workforces
• BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes
• BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
• BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments
• BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement
• BSBTWK401 Build and maintain business relationships
• BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and program
Group B (Select a minimum of 4 units from this group)
• BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
• BSBOPS401 Coordinate business resources
• BSBOPS404 Implement customer service strategies
• BSBOPS405 Organise business meetings
• BSBPEF401 Manage personal health and wellbeing
• BSBPEF403 Lead personal development
• BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
• BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
• BSBSUS411 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
• BSBSUS412 Develop and implement workplace sustainability plans
• BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
• SIRXCEG004 Create a customer-centric culture
Qualification Mapping Information
Supersedes and is equivalent to BSB42015 Certificate IV Leadership and Management
Companion Volume Implementation Guide is found on VETNet – .
Book your Free 20-minute call to find out how this can work in your company
The Australasian Centre for Work Education Pty Ltd (ACWE Pty Ltd) - RTO# 40857 would like to pay our respects and acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land, rivers, and sea. We acknowledge and pay our respects to Elders, past, present, and emerging, of all nations.
PO Box 1554, Maroubra NSW 2035 Australia
2021 © Australasian Centre for Work Education Pty Ltd - RTO 40857